June 22, 2022
Grants from fund total $595,000 over last six months
The Community Foundation of the Ozarks is granting $80,000 from the Let’s Get to Work Fund to five agencies:
- Catholic Charities of Southern Missouri: $20,000 to assist individuals in Barry, Christian, Dallas, Douglas, Greene, Hickory, Laclede, Lawrence, Polk, Stone, Taney, Texas, Webster and Wright counties;
- Council of Churches of the Ozarks: $10,000 to assist individuals in Greene County;
- Help Give Hope: $20,000 for its Used Car Program to assist families in Greene, northern Christian and western Webster counties;
- House of Hope: $20,000 to assist individuals in Stone and Taney counties; and
- The Kitchen Inc.: $10,000 to assist young adults in Springfield through Rare Breed Youth Services and individuals in Greene, Christian and Webster counties through the Home At Last program.
To date, the CFO has granted $595,000 from the Let’s Get to Work Fund to reduce transportation-related barriers to employment thanks to gifts from David and Stacey O’Reilly, the O’Reilly Charity Golf Classic Fund, Bass Pro Shops, the Jeannette L. Musgrave Foundation, an anonymous donor and other generous donors, as well as $250,000 from the CFO’s reserves.
Grant dollars will be used exclusively to support individuals with transportation needs such as car repairs, new tires, gasoline cards, licensing fees or taxes, transportation services such as bus passes, ride-sharing services, taxis, purchase or repair of bikes/e-bikes, or vehicle purchase down payments.
Individuals cannot apply to the CFO directly, but can work with nonprofit agencies supported by the Let’s Get to Work Fund to receive assistance for transportation-related needs. Businesses can access funds through the Springfield Business Development Corporation, a nonprofit subsidiary of the Springfield Area Chamber of Commerce. For more information, visit cfozarks.org/transportation.
The program is temporarily closed for applications from nonprofits and will reopen in July. Donors can help extend this program by donating to the Let’s Get to Work Fund.