The Community Foundation of the Ozarks is committed to supporting nonprofit leaders as they navigate the realities of leading a nonprofit. With that commitment, the CFO will host three ongoing series of nonprofit leadership circles to provide peer-to-peer support. Attendees will discuss how they navigate the common challenges of leadership and participate in leadership development.
What are the goals for the leadership circles?
- Provide support for nonprofit leaders with different roles and responsibilities.
- Nurture nonprofit partnerships, leadership development, ideas with a big impact, and collaboration and coordination among the nonprofit community in the CFO’s service region.
- Create professional-development opportunities and resources to address needs identified in these meetings.
- Build community among nonprofits across the region.
What will we discuss?
- Over the first six months, we will discuss the “Realities of Leading a Non-profit” research conducted by Habitat Communication & Culture. You can view the presentation, full research summary, presentation slide deck, and one-sheet overview and action steps at cfozarks.org/realities.
- Common nonprofit challenges and how members of the group have successfully navigated those situations.
- Resources available to you and your agency from the CFO.
- Ways the CFO can support you and your agency in these challenges.
Is there a membership fee?
- There is no membership fee and these leadership circles are open to all nonprofit agency partners of the CFO and its regional affiliates.
Can I attend these circles via Zoom?
- Yes! These circles will begin as a hybrid meeting (in-person at the CFO’s office in Springfield and over Zoom), so we can include leaders from all agency partners who wish to participate. As these groups develop, the CFO will reassess if it is best to meet in person in more localized settings and how best to move forward.
How do I join?
- Complete the online form by following one of the links below. You will be contacted with meeting times and dates from which to choose.
If you have questions about these groups, please contact Holly Beadle, Director of Philanthropic Services.