The Community Foundation of the Ozarks welcomes seven new members and a new slate of officers to its Board of Directors for the 2020-21 fiscal year that began July 1. Directors on the 21-member board can serve up to two three-year terms.
The new board members are:
- Richard Cavender, Rolla, retired executive director of the Meramec Regional Planning Commission and former CFO Board Chair, who will fill a two-year unexpired term;
- Kari Creighton, a Springfield financial professional and member of the CFO’s Investment Advisory Board;
- Stan Irwin, a financial advisor with Edward Jones in Cape Girardeau, member of the CFO’s Investment Advisory Board and Professional Advisors Council and president of the Cape Area Community Foundation;
- Michael Garrett, retired from a 45-year career as an attorney, prosecutor, county judge and municipal court judge in Monett;
- Emily Kembell, an attorney with Kirkland Woods & Martinsen LLP, in Springfield and member of the CFO’s Professional Advisors Council;
- Anne E. Herschend McGregor, representing the Branson area and a donor-advisor for the Anne E. and Mac McGregor Fund; and
- Kristi Montague, a financial advisor for Edward Jones in Carthage and member of the CFO’s Professional Advisors Council and the Carthage Community Foundation Board of Directors.
The 2020-21 Executive Committee is comprised of: Rhonda Christopher, Chair, BKD Wealth Advisors; Robin Morgan, Vice-chair, West Plains, Valic Financial Advisors; Dean Thompson, Treasurer, Springfield City Utilities; Laurie Edmondson, Secretary, Drury University; Abram McGull II, Chair Emeritus, Springfield U.S. Attorney’s Office; Jim Holt, At-Large, Table Rock Lake Community Foundation; Morey Mechlin, At-Large, retired executive director in Springfield; and Jeff Layman, Investment Advisory Board Chair, BKD Wealth Advisors.
Meet the Board