March 13, 2023
Funding available for senior centers, animal-welfare agencies, wounded war veterans and more
The Community Foundation of the Ozarks is accepting applications for a variety of specialty grants made possible by generous donors who chose to support specific areas of interest.
Most of these “field-of-interest” grants are open now through May 15. These applications are open to 501(c)3 nonprofits or organizations with similar tax-exempt status, such as school districts, government entities and faith-based organizations:
- Hearld Ambler Fund for Senior Centers Grant Program: $10,000 is available to senior centers in the 18-county Senior Age Area Agency on Aging service area.
- Lennie Cloud Fund for the Hearing Impaired Grant Program: Two $500 grants are available to nonprofit agencies within the CFO’s service area of central and southern Missouri to assist individuals with impaired hearing through equipment, programming or training.
- William E Eslick Fund for Southern Baptist Greene County Churches: $2,500 is available for church capital projects that also provide benefits to the surrounding community such as grounds beautification, playground equipment or walking trails.
- St. Francis Fund Grant Program: $1,500 is available to support animal-welfare needs in Springfield and Greene County.
- Smith Atwell Girls Recreational Grant Program: $500 is available for proposals that empower and encourage girls and young women in Greene County to be involved in athletic and outdoor recreational opportunities.
- Wounded War Veterans Grant Program: $2,000 is available as a single grant to fund projects that serve the needs of wounded war veterans in southwest Missouri through equipment, programming or training.
For information and to begin the application process, visit cfozarks.org/applyforgrants.