The Community Foundation of the Ozarks understands the unprecedented impact that the pandemic has had on the nonprofit sector. We also recognize different sectors have been affected differently. This program focuses on nonprofit agencies with missions that weren’t emphasized in our earlier COVID-related grant rounds.
Guidelines for Program-Related Investments
- THIS IS A LOAN PROGRAM. The proceeds of our investment are expected to be repaid in full.
- Nonprofit eligibility for this program is limited to organizations with missions focused on: Arts and Culture; Conservation and Environment; and Animal Care and Advocacy.
- Upon application acceptance, the CFO will make a program-related investment (PRI) in your nonprofit for a period of up to four years.
- Eligible investments should be within the 58-county service territory of the CFO and its regional affiliate foundations.
- Priority will be given to agencies that have been impacted by the pandemic, but showed financial stability prior to 2020, and have a sustainability plan for continuance after the pandemic.
- Investments are limited to 501(c)3 charitable organizations.
- The maximum allowable investment will be 25% of 2019 revenues, with a cap of $50,000, and a minimum of $20,000 (organizations with less than $100,000 in revenues in 2019 are not eligible).
- All investments will be subject to prudent underwriting and approval by the CFO’s Mission-Related Investment committee comprised of community volunteers.
- The PRI will require an interest rate of 2% annually, paid semi-annually, on the unpaid balance. Principal is required to be repaid in full at maturity.
- Investments must have a demonstrated and well-defined source of repayment, with an appropriate exit strategy.
To apply for a Program-Related Investment
Click here to begin the application process. For any additional questions, contact Brian Fogle. For technical questions regarding the application system, contact Krista Moncado.
Apply for a PRI