A Change of Plans for 2020
While we have made the difficult decision to not meet in-person for our annual conference this fall, we won't let that get in the way of continuing to learn and improve! In lieu of an in-person conference this Fall, we are partnering with the Kansas Association of Community Foundations to offer a virtual conference option this year! KACF’s annual National Conference for Growing Community Foundations will be held October 26–27, 2020. The CFO is providing registrations for all 50 regional affiliate foundations, and we will be in contact soon on how to access the conference content. You can find a preview on the official conference website.
To make sure your affiliate is registered, please contact your affiliate team member.
We may not be meeting in person this fall, but that won't stop us from celebrating our affiliates and volunteers! On May 12, 2021, we will host our first-ever Affiliate Appreciation Banquet. This banquet will allow us to gather safely and honor our award winners and network with leaders from all 50 affiliate foundations!
In light of all of these changes, our Affiliate of the Year award program will have a little pandemic update as well. Stay tuned for the unique way we are going to award $20,000 in grantmaking funds and how you can throw your affiliate’s hat in the ring.
Videos and presentations from the 2019 conference.
Affiliate of the Year Awards — 2019
Affiliate of the Year (with staff)
- First Place: Joplin Regional Community Foundation
Affiliate of the Year (all volunteer leadership)
- First Place: Barton County Community Foundation
- Second Place: Owensville Area Community Foundation
- Third Place: Sarcoxie Community Foundation
Individual Honorees — 2019
- Stanley Ball Award, presented by Central Trust Company: Dustin Kallmeyer, Community Foundation of the Hermann Area Inc.
- Fred Lemons Award for Excellence: Karen Miller, Finley River Community Foundation
- Board Members of Excellence:
- Nita Jane Ayres, Table Rock Lake Community Foundaiton
- Amy Hernandez, Community Foundation of the Lake
- Dr. Jennifer Katzin, Community Foundation of Rogersville
- Dr. Arthur Mallory, Dallas County Community Foundation